On Sunday evening South Africa's Oscars of Cuisine descended on Cape Town's Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays Hotel. This year's Prudential Eat Out Top 10 Restaurants Awards evening was once again a glittering occasion with seven new restaurants making the final Top 10 list.
We are proud to announce that the Hartford Restaurant, with Executive Chef Jackie Cameron at the helm, was voted into the Top 10 Restaurants in South Africa. A special note is that Hartford was the only restaurant in KwaZulu Natal to receive this coveted accolade.
Congratulations to Jackie Cameron and the Hartford House Restaurant team on this extraordinary achievement.
The 2008 Prudential Eat Out Top 10 Restaurants results are as follows :
- La Colombe (Cape Town) - Chef: Luke Dale-Roberts
- Jardine (Cape Town) - Chef: George Jardine
- Terroir (Stellenbosch) – Chef: Michael Broughton
- Overture (Stellenbosch) – Chef: Bertus Basson
- Restaurant Mosaic at the Orient (Pretoria) – Chef: Chantel Dartnall
- Rust en Vrede (Stellenbosch) – Chef: David Higgs
- The Tasting Room at Le Quartier Français (Franschhoek) - Chef: Margot Janse
- Roots at the Forum Homini Boutique Hotel (Joburg) - Chef: Philippe Wagenfuhrer
- Bizerca (Cape Town) – Chef: Laurent Deslandes
- Hartford House (KwaZulu-Natal Midlands) – Chef: Jackie Cameron