Beef Fillet Roasted and Pringle Crisps
BEEF FILLET, FRESH ASPARAGUS, ROASTED - MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED BUTTERNUT WITH PRINGLE CRISPS
A five-course dinner party sounds extremely lavish. My guests, however, expect nothing less! With little available social time on my hands I wow my friends with fresh flavours and quick, clever substitutes. Food that is stress free allows me to enjoy my dinner party.
In order to make a fabulous dish, the ingredients you are working with need to excite you. The main course is a perfect example of my favourites: beef fillet, fresh asparagus, roasted Mediterranean stuffed butternut with Pringles crisps. The texture of the crisps adds a fun element to this dish. This is a homely main course with a touch of style.
*1 kg Beef fillet
Oil for frying
*2 small Butternut
2 rounds of Herbed Feta
2 large Garlic Cloves - sliced
10 ml Dried Oreganum
4 Olives – chopped up
8 Sundried Tomatoes - sliced
3 Egg Yolks
2 slices of Bread
Salt and Pepper
*1 punnet Asparagus
60 ml Butter
*1 large Pringles Original
1) Remove sinew, portion and pan sear beef in a very hot pan with a little oil. Set aside for later cooking
2) Cut the butternut in half length ways and remove the seeds. Place into the microwave and cook for 5-7 minutes on high
3) Mix all the ingredients together for the stuffing. Place into the butternut onto a tray and cover and cook for 10 minutes, at 220̊ C, and set aside for later heating
4) Blanch asparagus and refresh in iced water and set aside for later searing
5) On service place butternut in the oven for final cooking (220ͦC for 15 minutes) and finish cooking of the beef fillet in the oven until desired doneness. When the beef is ready remove it from the oven and allow it to relax until the butternut is hot and sear the asparagus in the butter
6) Serve with Pringles crisps
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.