Hand Made Gnocchi
- 1 Large Potatoe
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 large egg and one yolk
- 4 tbl sp grated parmesan, regiano or grana padano (good parmesan)
- 3 tbl sp fresh chopped wild garlic
- Good amount of seasoning
- Oven bake potatoe at 180 degrees Celsius in its jacket until cooked and soft +/- 40 minutes or until a knife goes cleanly through it.
- Push the white flesh through a fine sieve, turn the one cup of flour out onto your surface in a mound and do the same with the potatoe onto the flour, add the eggs in the centre and the rest of the ingredients.
- Gently knead to form a dough, adding a bit more flour at a time until it loses its stickiness.
- Do not overwork, and knead gently to avoid the dough becoming elastic as this will make it lose it's fluffy texture once cooked.
- Roll out into finger width rolls and cut with a blunt knife into 1.5cm gnocchi's.
- Blanch in rolling salted boiling water until it comes to the surface and scoop to remove after 15 seconds onto an oiled try to cool down.
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.
Head Chef | Hartford House