Almond Pate Brisee filled with Crème Patisserie Recipe
Almond Pate Brisee filled with
ALMOND PATE BRISEE
Makes : 12 pastry cases, 6cm
250gr Cake Flour
80ml Flaked Almonds, roasted and roughly chopped
15ml Icing Sugar
150gr Salted Butter, chilled
1 Egg Yolk
60ml Water, ice cold
1) Mix together the flour, almonds and icing sugar
2) Add the butter, working it in with your finger tips, should look like bread crumbs.
3) Add the egg yolk and water, to form a dough.
4) Cling wrap and place in fridge to rest.
5) Roll out and line pastry cases, dock (or prick) with a fork and place back into the fridge to get cold and rest further to prevent shrinkage.
6) Bake blink with rice / beans at 200ºC for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
Yield : 600ml
500ml Full Cream Milk
½ Vanilla Pod, split in half and seeded
125gr White Sugar
2 Whole Eggs
25gr Maizena - Corn flour
1) Bring the milk and vanilla pod and seeds to the boil and allow simmering and infusing.
2) Whisk the eggs and sugar very well. Add to the hot liquid and mix.
3) Add a little of this mixture to the corn flour, to make a paste and the incorporate back into the hot mixture.
4) Lightly simmer until correct consistency is reached.
5) Strain, and cool in fridge.
6) When cool, full up the tart cases, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with fresh figs and mint.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.