Apricot Jam Filled Doughnuts Recipe
Apricot Jam Filled Doughnuts
- 80ml Water, room temperature
- 10gr Fresh Yeast
- 125ml Cake Flour
- Place the water into a bowl, then crumble the yeast into the water, stir with a spoon to dissolve.
- Add the flour, mix very well.
- Cover the bowl and allow sponging in a hot place in the kitchen (next to the oven) for 2 hours, it will double in size.
- 10gr Fresh Yeast
- 30ml Full Cream Milk, room temperature
- 280ml Cake Flour
- 45ml White Sugar
- 5ml Fine Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 30ml Salted Butter, melted and cooled
- Crumble the yeast into the milk, stirring well to dissolve, set aside.
- Place 200ml of the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing machine bowl, fitted with the dough-hook attachment, on a low speed add the milk and yeast mixture.
- Followed by the egg yolks and melted butter.
- Then add the sponged yeast mixture (part: 1) and the remaining 80ml flour.
- Turn the speed up and mix for 5 minutes.
- Place in a clean greased-bowl and cover, prove overnight in the fridge.
- 40ml Smooth Apricot Jam
- 1L Sunflower Oil, for frying
- Extra Flour, rolling and dusting
- 250ml Castor Sugar
- 15ml Cinnamon Powder
- Break small balls from the dough (should get about 16 balls), press them flat on a lightly-floured surface, using your fingertips.
- Place 2.5ml jam into the middle, fold the doughnut dough around the jam so all the ends meet, pinch the ends together.
- Place these onto a plate covered with plastic wrap which has been dusted with flour, lightly cover the doughnuts with plastic wrap.
- Allow the jam doughnuts to prove for about 1hour outside of the fridge.
- Get the oil hot for frying reduce to a medium heat.
- Place the doughnuts inside, do a few at a time and ensure complete cooking-resulting in an outer-golden crispness.
- Remove from the oil, place on paper towelling.
- Mix the castor sugar and cinnamon powder together, roll the jam doughnuts inside while they are still hot. Serve immediately.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.