Beef Fillet Salad Recipe
Beef Fillet Salad
- 300gr Beef Fillet
- 10gr Salted Butter
- Get a pan really hot on the heat, add the butter, when melted place the beef in the pan and sear on all the sides.
- Place on an oven tray, place in the oven at a 260C for about 5-7min (depending on how you would prefer it to be cooked), this will be medium to rare. Allow some cooling and resting time, then cut the beef into thin slices.
Caramelised Red Onions
- 655gr Onions, thinly sliced
- 500ml Red Wine
- 150gr Treacle Sugar
- Place all the above ingredients into a heavy based pan. Allow to simmer until onions are caramelised and most of the red wine has reduced to make a red wine syrup that is coating the onions (which takes about 35 minutes).
- 60gr Feta Cheese, roughly broken
- 65gr Peas, cooked
- 25gr Red Onion, sliced
- 45gr Caramelised Red Onions
- 30g Pecan Nuts
- Place the sliced beef on a salad platter, top with feta, peas, red onions, caramelised red onions and pecan nuts. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil before serving.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713