Makes about 1kg
- 700gr Beef meat (tri-tip or tail of the rump), minced
- 70gr Beef Fat/suet
- 150gr Pork meat (leg), minced
- 150gr Pork/spek Fat
- 20gr Fine Salt
- 2.5gr Whole Coriander Seeds
- 2.5gr Ground Coriander
- 1gr Freshly Grounded Black Pepper
- 0.5gr Nutmeg, ground
- 30gr Water
- 30gr Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Large Garlic clove, grated
- 2 Salted Casings (Pork intestines)
- Mix all the ingredients together, cover and leave in the fridge until ready to use-overnight if possible.
- Place the casings in water, to remove the excess salt and to make them easier to handle.
- Using a sausage machine or attachment (we used a plastic piping bag), feed the mince into the casing as per the instruction manual.
- Heat a pan with butter within, sear and cook the Boerewors in this smoking hot pan or on a braai. Serve immediately.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.