Bread Rolls Recipe
- 1 bulb Whole Fresh Garlic
- 30ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 pkt Instant Dry Yeast
- 500ml Lukewarm Water
- 45ml White Sugar
- 1250ml Cake Flour
- 15ml Fine Salt
- 60gr Salted Butter
- 15ml Dried Coriander, crushed
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 45ml Full Cream Milk
- 30ml Maldon/Sea Salt
- Place the garlic bulb on foil drizzle with oil and fold the tinfoil closed. Place this in the oven at 180⁰C for about 30 minutes to an hour, until the garlic is really soft and well roasted. Allow to cool and then remove garlic cloves.
- Sponge the yeast and ½ cup water with 2ml of the white sugar. Cover and leave this in a warm place to get frothy and double in size.
- Add ½ cup flour to the yeast mixture to make a batter. Cover with a damp cloth and allow bubbles to form.
- Place this mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining water, sugar, flour, also the salt, butter, coriander and thyme.
- Place in the mixing machine, fitted with the dough-hook, and mix this for 10 minutes on a medium speed.
- Add the roasted garlic.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Weigh the dough and divide this into 6 to 8 equal sized balls.
- On a floured surface roll the dough into long bread roll shapes.
- Place the bread rolls onto a greased and floured oven tray, cover again with the damp cloth and leave.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven of 180⁰C for about 30 minutes or until cooked and golden on top. (I suggest half-filling a deep tray with water, placing this into the oven which will create moisture while cooking).
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.