Buttermilk Spinach & Smoked Salmon Frittata Recipe
Buttermilk Spinach & Smoked Salmon Frittata with Goat's Cheese and Pickled Onions
- 6 whole eggs
- 200ml buttermilk
- 100 grams spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Good grind of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pour into a small baking dish, roughly 20cm by 20cm and lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 180'C until golden on top and knife comes out clean from the middle +/- 20 minutes.
- Cut into 4 even blocks.
- 1 block 150g soft chevin goat's cheese at room temperature
- Place in a bowl with 1/4 cup milk and whisk till soft and fluffy.
- Spoon a good dollop on top of frittata.
Red Onion Pickle
- 1 red onion finely sliced into rings and rinsed under cold water.
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 100g sugar
- Bring to the boil and let cool.
- Soak onions in the pickle.
- Place on top of goat's cheese.
- Arrange two or three ribbons of smoked salmon on top of frittata, squeeze a bit of lemon and garnish with watercress.
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.
Head Chef | Hartford House