Butternut Fritters Recipe
Makes : 10
250ml Butternut, cooked, well - drained and mashed
2 Whole Eggs
250ml Cake Flour
Pinch fine Salt
10m Baking Powder
15ml White Sugar
5ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
100ml Sunflower Oil for frying, adding as needing
1) Make sure butternut is well-drained and mashed. Add the eggs.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well into a thick batter.
3) Heat a heavy based pan, add a little oil. Using medium heat.
4) Scoop tablespoons of batter into the pan, not to close together.
5) Fry until bubbles form on the top surface, hence being firm and golden resulting in easy turning
6) Turnover and continue cooking
7) Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper towelling.
8) Serve warm with plenty of cinnamon sugar see below recipe
125ml White Sugar
15ml Cinnamon Powder
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.