- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups un-blanched whole almond
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒC.
- Line baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and stir.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla extract together in a small bowl then stir them into the flour mixture.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 3 and shape into 30cm long logs.
- Gently press down to flatten the dough until they are 5cm wide and 2,5cm high.
- Transfer onto prepared baking tray.
First Baking :
- Bake the logs for about 30 min or until they are slightly risen and firm to the touch.
- Slide the logs with the baking paper onto a cooling rack.
- The logs must be completely cool before you can continue.
- You can bake the biscotti up to this point several days ahead.
- Wrap the logs well in plastic and continue when convenient.
Second Baking :
- When the logs have cooled completely, preheat oven to 180ᵒC, and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Working with a sharp serrated knife, cut the cooled logs diagonally into 1cm thin slices.
- Place the sliced biscotti onto the prepared tray cut side down and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the biscotti are crisp and golden.
- Cool on the pans.
- These biscuits will keep for up to a month in an airtight tin or plastic container.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713