Choc Chip Biscuit Base, filled with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Choc Chip Biscuit Base, filled with
Chocolate Ganache and Banana
CHOC CHIP BISCUIT BASES
Makes : 8 Tart Cases, 8cm
125gr Salted Butter
2.5ml Vanilla Essence
187.5ml Brown Sugar
1 Whole Egg
125ml Cake Flour
125ml Self - Raising Flour
62.5ml Cocoa Powder
62.5ml Desiccated Coconut
62.5gr Dark Chocolate, chopped
62.5gr White Chocolate, chopped
Extra Desiccated Coconut
100gr salted Butter, melted
1) Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together.
2) Whisk in the egg.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients.
4) Grease an oven tray. Place your hands in the extra coconut and then roll the biscuit balls. Use a fork to flatten slightly. These do spread out quiet a bit so space well.
5) Bake for 15min or until cooked at 180ºC.
6) Place on cooling rack.
7) When cooled blend as fine as you can and mix with the 100gr melted butter.
8) Place in the fridge to cool.
9) Press out into tart cases and place back into the fridge.
10) When hard and cold, blow torch the bottom of the base or warm over a stove top and carefully remove the tart case.
BELGIUM CHOCOLATE GANACHE
250gr Dark Belgium Chocolate, chopped
300ml Whipped Cream
1) Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler.
2) Fold in the whipped cream.
3) Place in the fridge to cool.
4) When cooled place the ganache inside the tart bases, top with slices of fresh banana, sprinkled with sugar and blow torch to caramelise.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.