Chocolate Cremeux Recipe
- 120ml Cream
- 240ml Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 90ml Sugar
- 180g 70% Dark Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until smooth and without granules in a large bowl.
- Bring milk and cream to the boil. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk-cream mix over eggs until all incorporated. Do this quite slowly as you do not want the eggs to split.
- Put back on the heat in a saucepan until the mixture reaches 81 degrees celsius. If you do not have a thermometer usually it will take around 3 minutes on high heat to get it to the right temperature.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes then pour over chocolate whilst continually whisking.
- The mixture will be quite runny but do not be dissuaded. Set aside in the fridge for 12 hours.
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.
Head Chef | Hartford House