Chocolate Fondant Recipe
Yields : 30 - at 65g so conical Dario mould size
- 500g salted Butter
- 500g Good Quality Chocolate
- 215g Cake Flour
- 215g White Sugar
- 11 Whole Eggs
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Extra : Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler.
- Sift the flour and sugar together.
- Whisk all the eggs together just to combine over whisking will create problems.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture to the egg amount- slowly. Whisking all the time.
- Fold the flour and sugar into the chocolate butter.
- Pour mixture into well-greased and cocoa lined moulds, we place 65g of mixture within every conical Dario mould.
- Bake on service between 150˚C-165˚C for 7-9 minutes or until the outside rim is cooked and the centre is almost puffing up a little.
- Allow resting in the mould for a minute or so and then loosen with a palate knife or knife the outside of the fondant.
- Turn over onto a plate and serve.
For a smaller amount :
Yields : 5, 4 with one extra just in case
- 90g salted Butter
- 90g Good Quality Chocolate
- 39g Cake Flour
- 39g White Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolks at about 20g in size
Follow method above.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.