Christina Martin's Tuna Ring Recipe
Christina Martin's Tuna Ring
- 15ml gelatine
- 45ml cold water
- 125ml home-made mayonnaise
- 45ml fresh lemon juice
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 45ml chopped chives
- 45ml chopped parsley
- 25ml chopped dill
- 125ml English cucumber, chopped
- 2 tins tuna
- Salt and pepper
- 187ml cream, whipped
- Slake the gelatine in cold water and melt in a bain-marie.
- Measure out and have all the ingredients ready.
- Scoop the mayonnaise into a large bowl, add the melted gelatine and whisk until light and smooth.
- Add lemon juice, mustard, chives, parsley,dill and cucumber.
- Carefully fold in the flaked fish and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Finally fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture into an oiled 22cm mould and refrigerate until set.
- Un-mould onto a wet platter.
- Garnish with fresh cucumber slices, black olives and mashed avocado.
- Serve with brown yoghurt bread.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.