Coq au Vin Recipe
Coq au Vin
Serves : 4
- 4 (730gr) Chicken Breast, cut into chunky strips
- 50gr Cake Flour
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 60gr Butter
- 60ml Sunflower Oil
- 280gr Back Bacon, rind removed
- 8 (180gr) Pearl Onion, skin off and cut in half
- 10gr Garlic, grated
- 180gr Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml Red Wine
- 1L Stock
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 4 Fresh Bay Leaves
- Coat the chicken in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Getting your pot really hot, melt the butter and heat the oil.
- Sear the chicken, golden all round and remove from the pot, and set aside.
- Add the bacon, getting it crispy, remove from the pot and set aside.
- Then add the onions and garlic, frying till golden, remove from pot and set aside.
- Place the red wine in the pot, to deglaze all the flavours at the base of the pot.
- Add all the ingredients that are set aside, finish with mushrooms, stock, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a simmer, when the chicken is cooked remove it from the pot and set aside. Reduce the liquid till thick in consistency and cook onions till soft.
- Then add the chicken back in the pot to heat up and season well with salt and freshly grounded black pepper. Serve with thick and creamy mash potato.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.