Court Bouillon Recipe
Poaching Court Bouillon (Flavoured Liquor)
Yields : 4
- 4 (15gr) Garlic
- 1 (190gr) Onions, cut in quarters
- 2 (65gr) Leeks, chopped
- 3 (240gr) Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 40gr Celery, chopped
- 2x Bay Leaves
- 8gr Fresh Thyme
- 10ml Black Pepper
- 10ml Maldon Salt
- 250ml Red Wine
- 250ml White Wine
- 1000ml Beef Stock
- 40gr Salted Butter
- 10ml Sunflower Oil
- 400gr Any venison, and this also works well with: Ostrich fan-fillet, 4x100g portions, all sinew removed
- Place all the court bouillon ingredients together into a pot and bring to the boil, allow simmering for 15 minutes and then strain, place the liquid back on the heat.
- In a pan get the butter and oil to the beurre noisette stage (brown in colour, releasing the nutty aromas), sear the ostrich on all sides.
- Turn the liquid down to a simmer and place the ostrich inside the pot. Remove the pot from the heat, cover with tin-foil and allow cooking for 10 minutes within the hot bouillon off of the heat, this will result in a juicy medium-rare ostrich fillet serve as a hot main or with a country garden salad.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.