Hartford House Cross Buns Recipe
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 10 ml Sugar
- 65 grams flour
- 150 ml tepid milk
- Combine together and allow to sit until the yeast activates and starts to bubble
- 625 grams cake flour
- 3 ml salt
- 62 ml sugar
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 orange zested
- 50 grams butter
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 tbl spoon mixed peal
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1/12 cups luke warm water
- Add everything to the mixing bowl and add the yeast ferment EXCEPT THE WARM WATER start mixing on a low speed and slowly add the warm water till the dough becomes lightly sticky, mix on high speed until the dough becomes elastic and if need be a bit more water or a bit more flour.
- Add to a bowl lightly oiled and cover allow to rise until double.
- Knock down and roll into 45 gram balls on a greased baking tray and cover with oiled cling film to double again.
- 250 ml flour, 150ml flour, 30ml oil mix into a paste and place in a piping bag, pipe a cross over your proved buns and bake at 220 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- 25ml honey, 85ml sugar, 80ml water, 2 star anise bring to the boil and brush over the baked buns
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.
Head Chef | Hartford House