Diabetic Coffee-Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Diabetic Coffee-Chocolate Mousse
Yield : 4
- 1 Tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 75g sugar free milk chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon dry instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons sugar free drinking chocolate
- 125ml low-fat sour cream
- 125 ml low-fat yoghurt
- 4 egg whites
- 55g sweetener
- Sprinkle gelatine over water allow sponging for 5 minutes. Dissolve gelatine-granules by using a double boiler.
- In another double boiler, melt chocolate, coffee and drinking chocolate together until well combined.
- Allow slight cooling.
- Mix in sour cream and yoghurt and then the gelatine mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until light and frothy. Gradually add sweetener until a medium peak forms.
- Lightly fold egg white mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 4 dessert glasses and refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.