Diabetic Grilled Chicken and Lentil Salad Recipe
Diabetic Grilled Chicken and Lentil Salad
Yield : Serves 4
- 125ml low-fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon light soya sauce
- 4 single (640g) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium (200g) red pepper
- 1 medium(200g) yellow pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup(200g) brown lentils
- 1 litre water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sweetener
- ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander
- 20g fresh rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Combine yoghurt, black pepper, garlic, basil, turmeric and soya sauce. Pour over the chicken breasts and marinate covered in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a non-stick pan, sear the chicken with colour. Finish cooking in the oven.
- For the lentil salad, rub the peppers with tablespoon of olive oil, grill in the oven until the skins burn. Then place into a bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Leave these to sweat until cooled.
- Once the peppers are cooled, the skin will peel off, remove the seeds and roughly chop the peppers.
- Combine lentils and peppers in a bowl.
- Mix vinegar, sweetener and oil together.
- Pour the vinegar dressing over the lentil salad and mix in the coriander and seasoning.
- Plate lentil salad on a bed of rocket and top with thin slices of the chicken.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.