Diabetic Pear and Strawberry Crumble Recipe
Diabetic Pear and Strawberry Crumble
Yield : 8
- 125ml water
- 60ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 8 medium (1.4kg) pears, peeled and chopped
- 120g raisins
- 300g fresh strawberries, chopped or Blue berries
- 30g Corn Flakes
- 5ml Cinnamon
- 55g rolled oats
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar (a low GI sweetener that contains no harmful toxins)
- Pour water, orange juice, sweetener and pears into a pot and simmer until pears are tender.
- Stir in raisins and strawberries, turn off the heat.
- For the crumble, combine all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into an oven-proof dish and sprinkle the crumble over.
- Put dish into the oven for 15 minutes to crisp up the crumble.
- Serve with farm fresh yoghurt.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713