Fish And Chips Recipe
Fish And Chips
Yields : 4
- 6 (1499gr) Potatoes, peeled and cut into long strips
- Sunflower Oil, for frying
- 5ml Maldon Sea Salt
- 2 (330gr) Lemons, cut in rough wedges
- 4x 100gr Fresh, pin-boned Trout Sides
- 10gr Butter
- 10ml Olive Oil
- Spray and Cook and heat a non-stick pan, add the butter.
- Once the butter is golden brown and releasing a nutty aroma, add the olive oil (the oil prevents the butter from burning).
- Place the trout, presentation side down first in the hot pan.
- Allow a golden colour to develop on the trout, turn over and sear the other side as well.
- Only sear one or two trout sides at a time, to prevent from overloading your pan, because this will result in poaching, rather than searing.
- 250ml White Wine
- 180gr Salted Butter, cut into cubes. Keep chilled in the fridge
- 15ml Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Reduce the white wine by half in a small saucepan.
- Whisk the butter into the white wine one block at a time off the heat.
- If you find the butter is not melting or taking a long time to melt place your saucepan back onto the heat.
- Do not allow boiling as the sauce will separate.
- Keep whisking and adding butter off and on the heat until butter has completely melted and incorporated within the sauce.
- To serve, add the cream and season, whisk well to combine.
On serving :
- Fry the chips, sear the trout and serve with the beurre blanc sauce.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.