Home-Style Bagel Recipe
Baked, Quick and Easy Home-Style Bagel
Makes : 4
500ml White Bread Flour
7.5ml White Sugar
4ml Fine Salt
7.5ml Vegetable Oil
5ml Instant Yeast
Mix all the ingredients together, place the dough out onto a counter, and knead for about 10minutes, or until the dough is uniform and smooth.
1) Weigh the dough (should be about 500gr), divide into 4 equal sized balls (125gr each).
2) Let rest for about 20 minutes on a floured tray, covered with a damp cloth.
3) Lightly roll the dough out to form a round shape with a rolling pin. Use a small cutter and make a hole in the centre to form the centre of the bagel.
4) Pre-heat oven to 200ºC.
5) Let the bagels rest for another 20 minutes, covered with a damp cloth.
6) Place the bagels onto an oven tray that has been greased. Egg wash, with one egg and 15ml water, the outside of the bagel.
7) Place the bagels in the oven for 10 minutes, flip over and bake for another 10 minutes.
8) Let them cool for at least 20 minutes, before cutting.
Serve Per person with :
20ml Cream Cheese
90gr Smoked Salmon
Fresh Rocket Leaves
Black Sesame Seeds
Freshly Grinded Black Pepper
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.