Jamon Potato Croquettes Recipe
Jonty's Jamon Potato Croquettes
First up are the croquettes. They remind me of my student days and therefore give me that warm, fuzzy feeling. The outside crunchiness and the smooth heat inside always excite me.
Jamon Potato Croquettes
- 2 cups mashed Potato (preferably passed through a sieve for smooth consistency)
- 2 egg yolks in separate bowls, beaten
- Quarter Tsp white pepper
- 1 x Tbsp milk
- Pinch salt
- Small dash tobasco
- 2 x Tbsp finely chopped jamon (or Parma ham bacon)
- Mix all ingredients together except the 1 x egg yolk and breadcrumbs.
- The mash should be soft enough to shape but NOT too wet that it gets sticky to work with!
- Roll into cylinder shapes, dip each croquette into the leftover beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs and shallow fry until golden brown.
- 100ml dry white wine
- Juice of half small lemon
- Half chicken stock cube
- 200g Butter
- 250ml cream
- 5g flour
- 4 x Tbsp chopped chives
- White pepper and salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring wine and lemon juice to the boil.
- Reduce slightly then add the butter and stock cube.
- Whisk to dissolve then add the flour and keep whisking gently as you add your cream slowly.
- Allow to thicken then remove from the heat, season and add your chives.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713