Lentil Soup Recipe
Makes Two Liters
- 2 cups Brown Lentil
- 1500ml Beef Stock
- 50gr Salted Butter
- 30ml Sunflower Oil
- 380gr Onions, sliced
- 15gr Garlic, grated
- 150gr Streaky Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 150gr ‘Parma Ham’
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, removed from the stalk
- 300gr Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Place the lentils and the stock into a pot and allow to cook until the lentils are very soft and plump.
- In a large pot melt the butter and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic, allow to cook well and caramelize.
- Add the bacon and ‘Parma Ham’ cook until meat is really crispy.
- Then add the rosemary and potatoes, mix everything well together.
- Then add the cooked lentils and the stock left over in the pot.
- You might need to add some more water/stock to the pot, just to make sure all the ingredients are covered with liquid.
- Allow to simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Blend and strain.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.