Malva Pudding Recipe
The welcome from the Kosi Forest Lodge team included South Africans' favourite dessert - Malva pudding. It's a back cooking/travel show! The experience left us ravenous and ready for a feast of hearty dishes.
Yields : about 6 portions
200 g White Sugar
2 Whole Eggs
15 ml Apricot Jam
150 g Cake Flour
5 ml Bicarbonate of Soda
15 g Butter
5 ml Vinegar
100 ml Milk
200 ml Cream
50 g Butter
150 g Sugar
100 ml Hot Water
1) Beat the sugar and eggs very well until light and creamy
2) Add apricot jam
3) Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and set aside
4) Melt the butter and vinegar together and then add to milk
5) Alternatively add the milk mixture and the flour mixture to the egg mixture
6) Put mixture into an oven tray (18 x 22cm) and bake at 180 ̊ C for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for a further 15 minutes
7) While the pudding is baking make the sauce. Heat all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Continue stirring until the sugar granular are dissolved. Pour straight over the malva pudding when it comes out of the oven.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.