Molasses Cured Yellowtail Recipe
- 300g Sugar
- 300g Salt
- 2 x Fresh Yellowtail Fillets
- Place fillets on a flat tray skin side down. Cover with the sugar and salt and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 300ml light soya sauce
- 200ml bitter molasses
- 100ml treacle sugar
- 2 sticks of fresh lemongrass
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 orange zested
- Bring the above to the boil, whisk mixture vigorously and set aside to cool.
- Lightly rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towl and then place skin side up into a flat tray.
- Completely submerge with the cooled molasses mixture and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Please feel free to post your comments or any questions below.