Mussels drizzled with Tomato and Tarragon Vinaigrette Recipe
Jonty's Mussels drizzled with
Tomato & Tarragon Vinaigrette
Mussels always take me back to holidays at our beach cottage in Pennington. I'm looking forward to this dish which will be prepared with tantalising tomato and tarragon vinaigrette.
- 20x half-shell mussels
- 1 x Onion chopped
- 4 x Bay Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Wine
Tomato Vinaigrette :
- 100g Good Quality Tomato Ketchup
- Half Cup Finely chopped onion
- Half Cup Finely chopped Chives
- 10 drops Tobasco
- 1 tsp dried Tarragon
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 110ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Vinaigrette add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Leave preferably overnight.
- Put chopped onion, bay leaves, water, wine in a pot over medium heat until steaming and place mussels in a colander over pot.
- Cover and steam until mussels are cooked (approx. 5 mins).
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713