Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 8 (750gr) small Potatoes, boiled, cooled and roughly cut in blocks
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 15ml Chives, snipped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Mix all this together and place in the bottom of your serving bowl
- 1 (120gr) tin Tuna in Brine
- 1 (45gr) tin Anchovy Fillets in Oil
- 8 (35gr) Olives, de-pitted and broken in half
- 30gr Red Onion, cut in slices
- 10ml Capers
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in ¼
- 75gr Green Beans, blanched, refreshed and cut in ½
- 4 Pickled Quail Eggs, cut in ½ (or 1 boiled egg)
- Arrange all the ingredients on top of the potatoes.
- 2.5ml Dijon Mustard
- 20ml Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 95ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5ml Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 15ml Fresh Basil, chopped
- 5ml Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 7.5ml White Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- In a mixing bowl place the Dijon Mustard and Lemon Juice
- Slowly add the Oil, whisking all the time.
- Add the herbs and sugar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving drizzle over the salad.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.