Orange and Cointreau Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Classic Orange and Cointreau Belgium Chocolate Mousse
Classic orange and Cointreau Belgium chocolate mousse – a favourite standby.
Yields : 1.250ml Mousse
500 g Dark Chocolate, best quality you can afford
8 whole Eggs, large -separated
90 ml Cream
45 ml Cointreau Liquor
3 medium Oranges, Zest – remove by grating the outer skin; try not to include the pith, as this is bitter
1) Melt the chopped dark chocolate over a double boiler
2) Cool slightly and add the egg yolks carefully one at a time. Incorporating well in-between each egg yolk
3) Allow a little more cooling and then start adding the cream slowly
4) When all mixed through continue with the Cointreau amount and zest. (The alcohol amount adds a lovely sheen, glossiness to the mousse. Stabilising everything.)
5) Lastly, add the firmly whisked egg whites and place into the refrigerator.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.