Oxtail Risotto Recipe
Yields : 4
- 60g salted butter
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 210g chopped onions
- 3 garlic, 10g, cloves
- 240g risotto rice
- 300ml red wine
- 1.5l good-quality homemade stock
- About 480g flaked oxtail to taste
- Heat a heavy-based pot. Add butter and oil. Then add onion, garlic and sauté well.
- Add rice and stir to allow each grain to be coated with the oil.
- Add the heated wine and stir.
- Once the wine has been completely absorbed start adding the simmering stock. Add one ladle at a time stirring continuously so the grains are evenly cooked. (Chef's note: the amount of liquid is only a guide line) When ¾ of the way add the shredded oxtail.
- At this stage you could always cook it fully or stop at ¾ of the way and then complete cooking just before serving by reheating and adding the last of the hot liquid. Either way is fine but must result in a slightly-textured, creamy risotto - not stodgy or dense.
- Serve with tomato and onion bredie and pecorino or Parmesan shavings.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.