Pan-seared Beef Fillet and Garlic Risotto Recipe
Pan-seared Beef Fillet, Garlic and Mushroom Risotto with Fresh Asparagus Recipe
After the delicately flavoured first course, I suggest a robust main dish. Pan-seared beef fillet, cooked to your required preference, with fresh asparagus and an intense garlic and mushroom risotto will fill your heart and satisfy your appetite. Superb!
Yields : 2
15ml Olive Oil
15ml salted Butter
100g chopped Onion or 1 medium
3 Garlic Cloves or to taste
½ cup Risotto Rice
250ml White Wine
40g chopped Button Mushrooms or 4
40g chopped Brown Mushrooms or 1 large
700ml excellent quality Beef Stock
1) Heat a heavy based pot. Add olive oil and butter. Then add the onion, garlic and sauté well
2) Add rice and stir to allow each grain to be coating with the oil
3) Add the wine and stir
4) Allow the wine to be completely absorbed and then start adding the hot beef stock. Add one ladle at a time stirring continuously so the grains are evenly cooked. (Chef’s note: the liquid amount is only a guideline)
5) At this stage you could always cook it fully or ¾ of the way and then complete cooking on service by reheating and adding the last of the hot liquid. The risotto must be creamy and moist with a slight textured to it. Not stodgy or dense.
6) Serve with beef fillet, prepared to your required preference, and fresh asparagus
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.