Paula's Milk Tart Recipe
Paula's Milk Tart
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar until sugar is beginning to dissolve, add egg.
- Sieve the dry ingredients, add this to the mixture and then press in to a large pie tin, using your fingers, when smooth, prick the base with a fork.
- Bake at 175°C for 10-15 minutes until the base is pale but beginning to golden.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons of corn flour, heaped
- 1 heaped tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla/Almond Essence
- Beat the eggs and the sugar with three cups of milk.
- Heat on a low temperature and stir until the sugar dissolves-allow to boil.
- Mix the corn flour with the other cup of milk, when it the milk boils then add the cornflour mixture and whisk until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Pour in to base and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.