Yield : 30cm x 12cm Quiche Rectangular Tin
Spicy Tomato and Onion Relish
Yield : 1.3kg or 26 portions
- 1½ kg Tomato
- 500g Onion
- 60ml Salt
- 1 cup Spirit Vinegar
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- 1T Masala
- 2T Flour
- Place chopped tomato, onion and salt into a bowl with plastic to cover and leave overnight
- Bring the vinegar, sugar, masala and flour to the boil stirring continuously until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Place the tomato and onion mixture into the vinegar mixture and cook until a relish consistency is reached about 55 minutes. Store in a sterilised bottle.
- 150g white onion, sliced
- 20g salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8g rosemary, chopped
- Puff pastry to cover tin base
- 80ml tomato and onion relish, see recipe included
- 35g mozzarella, grated
- 30g anchovy fillets, rinsed if highly salted
- 20g olives, pitted and halved
- 30g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Maldon salt and black pepper for garnish
- Sauté onion in the butter. When translucent add garlic and rosemary.
- Roll out puff and line a greased baking tray, allow resting for 20 minutes within the fridge.
- Par-cook puff at 200˚C.
- Layer sautéd onion onto the cooled puff. Top with relish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over relish. Assemble anchovy fillets across the cheese in diagonal lines from both directions making criss-cross shapes.
- Fill the squares with the olives and tomatoes.
- Finish off in the oven until puff is cooled.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.