Quick Fridge Cheesecake Recipe
I've noticed many men pass on a slice of sponge cake, but show me a man who can resist cheesecake! This probably has something to do with the marriage of its sweet and savoury flavours and the unmistakable tartness. Topped with a chunky berry coulis this makes an enticing afternoon treat.
200gr Tennis Biscuits
100gr Butter, melted
500 g Cream Cheese
150 g Icing Sugar
3 Lemon – Zest (go by taste)
90 ml Lemon – Juice (go by taste)
200 ml Cream, whipped
6 g Gelatine, Powder
15 ml Water
- Line the base of a 22cm spring form cake tin, with baking paper
- Blend the tennis biscuits until fine and mix with the melted butter
- Spread out evenly on the base of the cake tin. Place in the fridge to firm up
- Whisk the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice
- Fold in the whipped cream and set aside
- Sponge the gelatine powder in the water amount for 5 minutes. Heat over a double boiler - stirring continuously until all gelatine granules are dissolved. In another saucepan heat 1 cup of the already mixed up cream cheese mixture until hot. Add the gelatine mixture to this hot mixture and stir well. Allow slight cooling and then add to the rest of the cream cheese mixture slowly stirring to ensure even distribution
- Spoon mixture into cake tin, cover and leave overnight in the fridge to set
- Top with fresh berries or a lovely thick chunky berry coulis
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.