Rice Krispies and Date Bars Recipe
Justin Bonello reminds me about rice krispies-bars. His version sounds more like a rice krispies brittle. My straightforward, rice krispies-and-date bar, recipe results in a crispy texture meeting the sweetness of dates. Another variation is mixing rice krispies with melted marshmallows. Scrumptiously sweet!
Yields : 12 large Bars (20cm x 25cm)
150 g Margarine
250 g Dates
250 g White Sugar
2 t Vanilla Essence
125 g Rice Krispies
1) Butter a dish and lightly sprinkle this with coconut. Set aside
2) Melt the margarine, dates and sugar together until all the sugar crystals are dissolved
3) Add the vanilla essence and rice krispies
4) Place this into the prepared dish, press the mixture down with damp fingers, to prevent sticking and lightly sprinkle more coconut on the top
5) Cool overnight in the refrigerator or until firm
6) Cut into desired sizes and serve
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.