Rustic Amadumbe Bread Recipe
- 5 cups Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 cup Bran Flour
- 3 cups Lukewarm Water
- 2 cups Boiled Amadumbe (skin off,roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Instant Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Fine Salt
- Mix all your the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Pre-Heat your oven to 220 C.
- Create a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and with your fingers slowly incorporate your warm water into the centre of your dry mix. Fold in your Amadumbe.
- Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 3 hours.
- Gently remove the dough and place on a well floured surface. Without working the dough vigorously mould into your desired shape.
- Flour a baking tray and place your bread on it. Allow to rise again in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven depending on the loaf size for 25 minutes. Test the bread by placing a knife into the centre of the bread. If it comes out clean take your bread out of the oven and place on a wire rack.
Please feel free to post any comments or any questions below.