Sapore's Ciabatta Recipe
Yields: 1 loaf
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g strong white flour
- 1tsp sea salt
- 50g olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Dissolve the yeast in 350 ml warm water, then add the oil.
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well, pour in the yeast, and stir to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until soft and smooth for about 10 mins.
- Put the dough into a lightly oiled container and cover with cling film.
- Leave this to rise in a warm place for two hours or until doubled in size.
- Turn this out onto a floured surface. Knock back the dough.
- Knead for a short period and then make into a shape about 30 x 10 cm.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Cover loosely with cling film and allow to rise for at least an hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C and brush the loaf with water.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes brushing with warm water every 10 minutes.
- It is cooked when the top is golden brown and it sounds hollow when the bottom is tapped.