Sapore’s Pole-Caught Tuna Fish Cakes Recipe
Pole Caught Tuna fish Cakes
with Sweet Honey and Ginger Sauce
- 100g Tuna
- 300g Potato
- 100g Bread Crumbs
- bunch Coriander
- 1 Limes, juice and zest needed
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Chilli
- olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Place a large pot of salted boiling water onto the stove, peel potatoes and chop into even quarters. Put the potatoes into the boiling water and then using a colander steam the tuna above the boiling water of the potatoes until just cooked, 2 or so minutes. With the lid on.
- Once the potatoes are soft and the tuna is cooked mash this together with the chopped coriander, lime zest, lime juice-to taste, lemon juice-to taste, chilli and a splash of olive oil. Season well.
- Divide mixture into small balls and make into fishcake shape.
- Brush each cake with the egg mixture and cover with the bread crumbs.
- Either pan fried for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown or deep fry for 3 minutes until hot inside.
- Served on a bed of rocket with sweet honey and ginger sauce (see recipe).
Honey & Ginger Sauce
- 100ml Honey
- 50ml Kikkoman Soya Sauce
- 20gr Brown Sugar
- 100gr Pickled Ginger
- 20gr Sweet Soya Sauce
- 20gr Lemongrass
- 20gr Ginger, fresh
- 10gr Garlic, fresh
- 16ml Lemons, juice
- Simply add all of the ingredients into a large pan, add 100ml of water bring to the boil and then reduced to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer and reduce until a thick sauce results.
- Allow cooling and then pass through a sieve.
- The sauce will thicken when cool so do not over reduce.
- If this happens you can add a small amount of hot water to loosen the sauce.