Savoury Mince Recipe
Yields: over 1kg of mince, freezes well
- 100g Salted Butter
- 50ml Sunflower Oil
- 300g Onions, finely chopped
- 20g Garlic, grated
- 150g celery, chopped
- 150g carrot, chopped
- 5 sprigs Thyme, chopped
- 5 Bay Leaves, fresh
- 300gr Tomatoes, chopped
- 225gr Tomato Paste, All Gold
- 1kg Topside Beef Mince
- 400g Butter beans, tinned
- 400g Red Kidney Beans, tinned
- Salt and Black Pepper
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil.
- Add the onions and garlic, cooking it really well.
- Then add the celery, carrots, thyme, bay leaves and tomatoes, cooking till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Add the tomato paste, which will make the consistency of the mixture thicker and cook until the bitter flavour is lost.
- Then add the mince.
- Combine it all well, don't overcook the mince.
- Finish with the drained beans.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Serve with a fried egg and blanched asparagus.