Savoury Muffins Recipe
Makes about 24 small muffins
- 260g self-raising flour
- 140g cake flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Durban masala
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml milk
- 190 ml sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 75g biltong, chopped
- 125g fresh corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds, 100 g grated Parmesan cheese for optional garnish
- Sift the flours, bicarb, sugar, seasoning and masala together.
- Mix the eggs, milk and oil together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Finish by adding onion, biltong, corn and coriander.
- Grease a muffin tray or small tomato paste tins for an interesting alternative. Fill a third of each container with the mixture. As an option garnish with cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds and Parmesan.
- Place into the oven onto a tray and bake at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.
- Freeze leftover muffins in an airtight container. When required defrost overnight in the fridge and warm in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.