Spanish Style Churros Recipe
Jonty's Spanish Style Churros
Give me a doughnut... give me a pancake... and on this occasion give me churros. Anything hot with cinnamon sugar and I am a happy gal. They bring back memories of cheerful Sunday afternoons when my mom, my sister and I would cook up a storm and then dad would join us to feast like royalty.
- 200g Flour
- Quarter tsp salt
- 30ml Castor Sugar
- 250ml water
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Egg beaten
- Cooking Oil for deep-frying
- Castor Sugar
- Put water and Olive Oil in pot and bring to the boil.
- Sift Flour, castor sugar and salt into bowl and place into the pot and beat with wooden spoon until it forms a stiff paste. Leave to cool.
- Beat in egg.
- Make a batch of Cinnamon Sugar and put onto a plate to toss your churros in at the end.
- Place dough in a piping bag with large nozzle. Pipe coils straight into oil which has been heated to 160◦C. Fry until golden.
- Toss in Cinnamon Sugar and Serve with Butterscotch sauce for dipping!
- 150ml Cream
- 150g dark sugar (Demarerra or Molasses)
- 50g Butter cubed
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Melt Butter and sugar slowly in a pot until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add Cream and Vanilla Beans which you’ve scraped from the pod.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713