Springbok Wellington Recipe
Springbok Loin Wellington
Serves : 4
- 30g salted Butter
- 30ml Sunflower Oil
- 200gr Onions, brunoise-chopped
- 5gr Fresh Thyme
- 150gr Button Mushrooms, brunoise-chopped
- 150gr Brown Mushrooms, brunoise-chopped
- 40ml Chicken Liver Pate
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pan heat the butter and oil.
- Add the onions and sauté really well, add the thyme.
- Add the mushrooms, combine it all very well and remove from the heat to prevent overcooking the mushrooms.
- Cool slightly and add the chicken liver pate and season well. Place this mixture into the fridge to cool and firm up. This yield about 520gr of filling about.
- 20gr salted Butter
- 20ml Sunflower Oil
- 400gr Springbok Loins, 4x100g portions or any other top-end venison meat
- Get a pan really hot with the butter and oil.
- Place the springbok in the pan sear the meat on all sides. Place on paper towelling and allow to cool.
- 30ml Cake Flour
- 90ml Cold water
- 4 sheets Spring roll Pastry
- Mix the flour and water together to make a slurry.
- Place the cooled mushroom filling around the chilled and dried springbok loin. Each springbok loin has about 120gr of filling surrounding it. Wrap this in the spring roll pastry as one would a spring roll sealing with the slurry. This acts as a layer of protection before placing the puff pastry around the springbok loin.
- 2 x 400gr Ready to Roll Puff Pastry, preferably home-made
- 1 Whole Egg
- 10ml Water
- Whisk the egg and water together.
- Place in the pre heated over at 210ºC for 15-20minutes or until the puff pastry is cooked.
- Serve with fresh garden vegetables.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.