Peanut Butter and Beer Semi-Freddo
Makes a 19cm x 23cm tray
- 1pkt (200gr) Tennis Biscuits
- 120gr Butter, melted
- 115gr Chunky Peanut Butter
- 60ml Cream
- 250ml Beer
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 60ml Castor Sugar
- 250ml Cream
- 125ml Crème Fraiche
- Blend the tennis biscuits to make fine crumbs and mix with the melted butter
- Press out evenly into a tray.
- Leave in the fridge to get firm, while making the filling.
- Heat the peanut butter, cream and beer over a double boiler.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a double boiler until light and fluffy. When you can form a figure of eight above the egg mixture, and coat the back of a spoon, it is ready.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Whisk the cream and crème fraiche together to form stiff peaks.
- Fold into the peanut butter and beer mixture.
- Place the mixture into the tennis biscuit tray and place into the freezer to get semi-frozen. Serve with peanut butter and braai’ed’ grilled bananas.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.