Trout Stir Fry with Chinese Rice Noodles
- 45gr Monkey Nuts
- 25gr Butter
- 25ml Sunflower Oil
- 15ml Sesame Oil
- 100gr Onions, sliced
- 60gr Red or/and Yellow Peppers, sliced
- 10gr Garlic, grated
- 10gr Ginger, grated
- 50gr Carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 160gr Baby Marrows, sliced lengthways
- 10ml Lemon Zest
- 30ml Fresh Mint, chopped
- Place the monkey nuts in the oven to slightly roast, set aside.
- In a pan/wok heat the butter, sunflower oil and sesame oil.
- Add the onions, peppers, garlic and ginger, sauté until cooked.
- Add the carrots and baby marrows, cooking until al dente (firm to the bite).
- Finish off with the lemon zest, mint and reserved monkey nuts.
2 Sides - Raw Trout, seared in butter and roughly cut up
Yields: When cooked 220gr meat on average
- 125gr Chinese Rice Noodles, cook as instructed
- 12.5ml Kikkoman Soya Sauce
- 25ml freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5ml White Wine Vinegar
- Mix all together.
- Mix the sauce with the noodles and place into serving bowls, top with vegetables and the trout. Serve immediately.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.