Christmas Recipe Nine
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a full cookie jar. Chocolate locally sourced from Madagascar or Ghana and Zambian coffee makes this an African pleasure.
Yields: 65x2cm little biscotti (so five piped line)
- 4 Egg Whites
- ¾ cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 20g Zambian Coffee Beans, chopped
- 100g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g Flaked Almonds - roasted
- Whisk egg whites until stiff
- Add caster sugar slowly and continue whisking until all sugar crystals are dissolved and mixture is stiff.
- Fold in flour, coffee, dark chocolate and nuts.
- Pipe onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 160ºC for 30 minutes.
- Cut thin slices at an angle, while warm, with a serrated knife. Place these onto an oven-wrack or on a tray lined with greaseproof paper, dry out in a cool oven (80°C with the door slightly open) until crisp (about 15 minutes).
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713