Christmas Recipe Seven
Christmas Chocolate Fridge Tart
Can be made beforehand and kept for guests, if this is possible... a South African kids' Christmas favourite because of it chocolate sweetness.
Yields: About 18 nice-sized pieces
- 2pkt Tennis Biscuits
- 2 medium Eggs
- 15ml Vanilla Essence
- 250g salted butter
- 30ml Cocoa Powder
- 500g Icing Sugar
- ½ cup De-skinned Hazelnuts
- ½ cup Raisins
- ½ cup Cranberries
- 10ml Cinnamon Powder
- 5ml Nutmeg Powder
- Crumble the biscuits coarsely and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together.
- Melt the butter; add the cocoa, icing sugar, nuts, raisins, cranberries and spices to this.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture.
- Pour over the crumbled biscuits, stir and spoon into a greased tray; use a hot palate knife to smooth over the top.
- Cut into desired shapes when firm.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.Jackie Cameron
Hartford House, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 33 263 2713