On a recent visit to Switzerland, I unexpectedly crossed the border one day for lunch in Italy. Choosing a traditional Caprese salad with Foccacia bread and Gnocchi Gorgonzola seemed the right thing to do. And it was. What a meal!
(A potato dumpling of Italian origin)
Yields : 25 small dumplings
120g Cake Flour
Salt and Pepper
Sauce - 75 g Gorgonzola
250 ml Fresh Cream
1) Put the potatoes, skins on, into a large pot covered with cold water. Cook until soft. Push these potatoes through a sieve leaving the skins behind
2) Use your fingertips and lightly work the flour into the potato with salt and pepper. Bring this together and roll out cylinders or tubes. Cut small dumplings
3) Drop the gnocchi into a large pot of salted boiling water. When they rise to the top, remove and set aside
4) Sauce – melt the gorgonzola in the cream and set aside
5) On service pan sear the gnocchi in butter. Serve with gorgonzola cream sauce and a fresh lemon segment.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.