Butternut Risotto with Crumbed Gorgonzola and Oven-Roasted Pine Kernels
Yields : 4
Gorgonzola to taste
Pine Kernels or Nuts to taste
Olive Oil for a light drizzle
As per Pea risotto recipe.
- 35g salted Butter
- 30ml sunflower Oil
- 160g Onion, chopped
- 2 (8g) Garlic, crushed
- 160g Risotto Rice
- 250ml White Wine
- Vegetable Stock
- 1kg well roasted and pureed Butternut
- Before you start making the risotto make sure vegetable stock is on the heat.
- In a heavy based pot place the butter and oil amount.
- When melted and slightly browned, add the onions and garlic. Cook until translucent in colour.
- Add the risotto; make sure all the granules are covered with a layer of oil.
- Add the white wine, stirring all the time till the liquid is reduced.
- Add the vegetable stock small ladle by ladle at a time, stirring continuously, till risotto is cooked. Lovely and creamy with a slight bite to it-al-dente.
- Finish with hot butternut puree, season very well and serve with extras.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.