Yields: 30 - at 65gr conical Dario mould size, one can very easily divide the recipe down.
- 500gr Butter, salted-cut into blocks
- 500gr Good Quality Dark Chocolate, chopped roughly
- 215gr Cake Flour
- 215gr White Sugar
- 11 Whole Eggs
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Extra: Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler, ensure this is a slow process by which the chocolate doesn't get too hot.
- Sift the flour and sugar together.
- Whisk all the eggs together just to combine them, be careful that you do not over whisk as this will create problems.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the egg amount- slowly, whisking all the time.
- Fold the flour and sugar into the chocolate-egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into well-greased and cocoa lined moulds, we place 65gr of mixture within every Dario mould.
- Bake on service at 160⁰C for 7-8 minutes or until the outside rim is cooked and the centre is almost puffing up a little but puffing up with moisture.
- Allow resting in the mould for a minute or so and then loosen the outside of the fondant with a palate knife or knife, turn over onto a plate and serve.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.